Attempt at cooking #2: Lindt chocolate panna cotta
Recipe: (courtesy of Neil Perry + Donna Hays, and tinkered by me – less sweet + creamy… ironically this dessert is cream based LOL)
– 100g chocolate (lindt 70%)
– 400ml pouring cream
– 1/4 cup caster sugar
– gelatin leaves (didn’t have any, so i used powder (2tsp) instead)
Method: argh… too much effort to type… lolz. i’ll post if ppl want it
* note: recipe suggested 4 moulds… i think the volume here is enough for… 8! especially if u plan to actually have dinner before hand. LOL
– nice shiny surface (pre de-moulding, sigh), and has a tremulous wobble. It has a deliciously smooth and creamy texture on the palate – a perfect match with papaya, or any summery fruit to help cut through the rich panna cotta!
– difficult to de-mould –> next time shall rememeber to fill all the way to the brim, and oil lightly but evenly, and use conical shaped moulds instead.
– possibly a err’ing on too soft –> a tad more gelatin